Happy National Margarita Day. In honor of this blessed, salt-rimmed holiday, we have created a list of 10 margaritas in the Valley you should definitely try. Near and far, blended or on the rocks, these margaritas will have you all twisted….in a good way.
1. Distrito’s House Margarita – The Saguaro’s modern Mexican restaurant is celebrating this holiday in a big way. The happy hour menu is offered all day and house margaritas are just $2.50. Plus, you can “make your own” margarita by choosing from a list of over 100 tequilas, fresh juices, chiles and juice infusions. The combinations are endless.
2. Z’Tejas Chambord Margarita – Don’t let the sweet raspberry coloring and blended disposition of this sneaky little drink trick you because it will knock you on your ass and steal your wallet before you can even order a second. It’s no exaggeration and they really will cut you off after three….so celebrate responsibly.
3. Canteen Tequila Bar’s Paloma Margarita – Refreshing seems to be the only accurate way we can describe this Tempe treasure. With 100% Blue Agave Blanco Tequila, organic grapefruit soda, fresh lime and grapefruit zest, the only thing keeping us from drinking this margarita as a routine morning pick-me-up are societal standards.
4. The Mission’s Blood Orange Margarita – We admit it, blood orange draws us in because it is the most badass name for a fruit ever, but after trying the Blood Orange Margarita at The Mission, it became our favorite fruit for a whole new list of reasons. The little splash of gran marnier is the perfect topper for this perfect cocktail.
5. Zipp’s Sports Grill’s Zipparita – We know what you’re thinking. Yes, it is a ridiculous name and yes, it is coming from a sports grill that should specialize in beer and nachos, but this frosty margarita has gotten nothing but rave reviews from locals for years. Go for a game and try it out.