We’ve waxed poetic about modern furniture purveyorsModern Manor before, but since then, we have discovered that Arizona is actually quite a hot destination for one-of-a-kind modern furniture finds. From state-of-the-art custom pieces to contemporary vintage one-offs, below is DLT’s list of the top ten modern and mid-century furniture shops in Phoenix. Whether you’re revamping the living room or just love the thrill of the hunt, take note after the jump:
1. Modern Manor, Phoenix: Owners Ryan and Kylie Durkin travel all over for the most avant-garde furniture, décor, storage and lighting pieces around.
2. Design Within Reach, Scottsdale: Our favorite modern chain is currently having their famous semi-annual sale, so you better get there before we do!
3. 2b Mod in Scottsdale is an eco-friendly, family owned and operated Phoenix treasure with hard-to-find items from designers like Nursery Works and Magis.
4. Loft a GoGo: A funky Tempe retailer with hip new furniture, art and accessories both for you andyour home.
5. WestHill Designs in Scottsdale not only sells original, handcrafted furniture but will help style your home and will provide delivery and installation, as well.
6. Red Modern Furniture in Phoenix: Their current featured item is a pair of leather lion ottomans ca. 1940’s. Doesn’t get any more awesome than that.
7. Copenhagen Furniture, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe: With other locations in Tucson and Texas, Phoenix was the first home of the chic-yet-comfortable design of this high-quality furniture source.
8. Phoenix Metro Retro focuses on Scandinavian designs from the 1950’s-70’s but also sells a considerable selection of one-offs from designers all over the world – at prices to beat.
9. Now and Then, Phoenix: The Valley’s newest hidden treasure is not so secret anymore. Opened last month, Now and Then brings Central Phoenix a stylish, expertly-curated selection of vintage modern furnishings.
10. Retro Ranch, Phoenix: Boasting more than furniture, Retro Ranch is a favorite stop for groovy, once-in-a-lifetime rarities.