Happy B-day, Uncle Sam. To celebrate the country’s favorite holiday, we have rounded up our favorite “pinteresting” foods that will have everyone at your 4th of July gathering seeing stars.
1. Red, White and Blue Fruit Skewers: Luckily, summer is berry season which means pulling off these delicious (and healthy) fruit-on-a-stick appetizers is easy as cut, skew and serve. Use strawberries, blueberries and bananas for the perfect patriotic look. You can even take it to the next level by arranging the fruit to look like a flag.
2. Patriotic Daiquiris: By using frozen strawberries, blue curacao liqueur and coconut sorbet with a dash of rum, making this frozen red, white and blue cocktail is a simple way to get a buzz on with the press of a blender button. Your friends will be very impressed with your domesticity and they don’t have to know you snagged the recipe from the Food Network.
3. Hot Dog Flag: Is it really the 4th of July without the grill going? While we stand by the notion that simply having hot dogs at your shindig is celebratory enough, you can up the ante by arranging your wieners and buns into a clever flag shape. Visit this blog and learn how to make star-shaped french fries to finish off the design.
4. Star-Spangled Sandwiches – Probably the easiest of all our finds, these desserts can be in seconds and only require the purchase of some cheap ice cream sandwiches and red, white and blue sprinkles. Just unwrap, dip the sides in the sprinkles and serve. You can also shove some sticks into the end to make the eating process much easier for your intoxicated guests.
5. Chips, Veggies and Dip – We think you know where this is going, but in case the flag-colored food hasn’t gone far enough, you can now turn your regular crudite into something that would make Betsy Ross proud. Cut up red peppers, hicima and blue corn tortilla chips are the perfect trio for your favorite dip.
Everything found via Pinterest