What’s the best part of summer? Being able to sleep in and to catch up on the Z’s you’ve missed throughout the year is an amazing feeling. Now that it’s August, those of you with kids or are in school yourselves, you know how difficult it can be to wake up in the morning. Luckily Eight O’Clock Coffee has been in the business of making mornings better for over 150 years, and they have compiled EIGHT tips for stress-free mornings.
1. Forget stopping for your morning coffee – that takes a lot of time and money. Prep your coffee pot the night before, so all you have to do when you wake up is flip the switch. Your coffee will brew as you get everyone ready and out the door.
2. Invest in a great travel mug to take your freshly brewed coffee to go. (Make sure it fits in your car’s cup holder).
3. Keep a calendar with everyone’s schedules on it right next to the coffeemaker. You can glance at it in the morning and know what’s in store for the day.
4. Pack lunches and plan outfits the night before to avoid morning confusion.
5. Keep grab-and-go breakfast foods, like granola bars and bananas, on hand.
6. Give yourself a time cushion for unexpected delays (don’t wake up at the last minute!).
7. Instead of dumping leftover coffee, store it in the fridge before you walk out the door. An iced coffee can serve as a nice afternoon pick-me-up.
8. To make mornings even easier for when you’re in a rush, Eight O’Clock Coffee will be available in Keurig K-Cups this fall.