What is this Arizona?! A new report from the popular
hook-up infidelity site AshleyMadison.com, ranks Arizona as #3 for membership of cheating spouses and unfaithful significant others. Website founder Noel Biderman recently told the Phoenix Business Journal that, “Phoenix’s transplant nature could have something to do with its high membership rate on the infidelity site.” What else could it be? What’s driving us Phoenicians to cheat and perhaps ultimately divorce?
Keith Berkshire, Cerfitified Specialist in Family Law at the Rose Law Group said, ”Given Arizona’s historically high divorce rate, it doesn’t surprise me that Phoenix is listed as having the third highest rate of cheating spouses in the county.” He continued,”When you add to that the significant downturn in the Arizona economy in the last few years, and the resulting financial stress that occurs from that downturn, it isn’t shocking that many people are tempted to cheat on their spouse or partner.”
Alright Arizonans. If you’re so stressed that you are thinking of straying, try a few of these stress relieving tips from Dr. Michael Yasinski of Yasinski Psychiatry, a boutique practice in the privacy of your own home:
1. Get 10-15 minutes of sunshine each day.
2. Exercise. 20-30 minutes of cardio 3 times per week and hopefully some weight trainin which gives you an immediate endorphin “high.” And, long-term changes in brain chemicals involved in depression change for the positive with exercise over time.
3. Get out of the house at least once a day. Not necessarily with friends all the time (or a hookup from AshleyMadison.com), get out by yourself or with others. Just get out of the house to cheer up!
4. Find a purpose outside of the home life. Volunteer or get a job.
5. Lower your carb and sugar intake. Carbs can have a negative effect that lasts on chemicals involved in depression.
6. Limit the booze. Alcohol is a depressant, which could further your depressed state and lead to destructive behaviors.
Need some specific advise on family law or mental health care? Email Keith Berkshire of Rose Law Group at [email protected] and Dr. Michael Yasinski at [email protected] to make an in-home appointment with the doctor.