They say if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em. Yes, we’ve partnered with the crazy-popular ratings and reviews site, Yelp, to make sure you’re always kept (even more) in-the-know on the latest and greatest across the Valley. Here’s the a special Cinco de Mayo Fiestas list, handcrafted by those five-star folks at Yelp Phoenix.
Cinco de Mayo is this Thursday which means just one thing: our favorite Mexican restaurants and bars will be hosting fabulous fiestas that will go from sunrise to sunset. Whether you’re looking for a casual meal of tortillas and frijoles or you’re ready to sport a sombrero and partake in tequila waterfalls, this Yelp Top Ten will lead you to the muy caliente spots fitting for a Cinco de Yelpo celebration! Yelper’s top picks after the jump.
Yelp Top Ten:
1. Live bands and drink specials will be flowing all day at Dos Gringos.
2. Experience a green Cinco de Mayo at a sustainable fiesta poolside at Gallo Blanco with guac and margs for all.
3. See spots at the Spotted Donkey after sipping on discounted beers & margaritas while live music plays in the background.
4. Taste $2 Tecates and tacos from 4 – 10 PM at Los Sombreros.
5. The fiesta at Blanco will be anything but a siesta with all-day happy hour, tequila tastings and a DJ.
6. Host your own celebration and serve Carolina’s signature tortillas to your guests.
7. Prove your worth and partake in the famous food challenge at Los Reyes de la Torta.
8. Order your faves from the market or bakery at La Tolteca Mexican Food and take the fiesta home!
9. Sneak out of the office for a Cinco de Mayo lunch break at Los Compadres.
10. Salty Senorita’s Cinco bash won’t stop ‘till they ring in a tequila sunrise with live music all night long.
Gallo Blanco image via B Mok