You’ve got someone in your life. You’re incandescently happy and want to shout it from the rooftops, perform a very ”spontaneous” yet oddly choreographed looking dance routine and sing, shamelessly, in the rain. In other words, you’re ready to celebrate this mostly made-up holiday known as Valentine’s Day. Click read more to see all of the swoon-inducing activities, songs and photographs to put you in the lovin’ mood.
1. “Queen of Hearts Tea” at Narcisse Champagne and Tea Lounge – If you’re single and not entirely repulsed by the idea of a day devoted to cheesy couples, grab your best friend, mom, daughter or sister and take advantage of this traditional afternoon tea and crumpets. The event comes complete with heart-shaped confections (and Champagne!), meaning you can put away the copy of “Love Story,” carton of cookie dough and tissue box until next year.
2. Over Night Love-In at the Montelucia Resort – Now we totally understand if theme rooms are more your thing, but a weekend staycation at a beautiful resort would be a nice option, too. Wait. The Valentine’s packages include spa credits? That sounds sooo much better than soaking in the Jacuzzi at your friend’s shady apartment complex.
3. Hot Air Balloon Ride from Hot Air Expeditions - Adventurous couples can give this really awesome idea a try. You’ll be flying hight over the Valley with gourmet food and booze and we totally give permission to write “with you, I already feel like I’m flying” in the card. We promise not tell the source of your genius written sentiments.
4. Picnic in the Park – Not down for fighting people through crowds at restaurants? The Farm at South Mountain is hosting a Picnic in the Grove on Sunday February, 13 for $75 per couple with a full picnic menu provided. Best part? It’s BYOB!
5. Pete Yorn and Ben Kweller Concert – Tempe is for lovers … of music. Watch these two notorious writers of all songs romantic and heart-melting team up for a February 14 concert at the Marquee Theatre.
6. Romantic Dinner Options – Sapporo, Eddie V’s, Heirloom, House of Tricks, Coup des Tartes (BYOB!), Café Bink and pretty much every other restaurant across the Valley (including Bill Johnson’s Big Apple with their signature heart-shaped hunk of meat) will offer some kind of couple’s dinner menu “deal” so make your reservation, like, now.
7. iPic Movie Night – Appetizers, dinner, dessert, movie tickets and drinks. All inclusive pack of fun at Scottsdale’s best new theater.
8. Shaken, Not Stirred – Staying in with some OnDemand flicks and a home cooked meal is always a winner in our book. May we suggest you spice up your evening with a Love Triangle? Now, get your mind out of the gutter, this is clearly the name of a delicious cocktail courtesy of Café Bink. All you’ll need to create this on your own is chocolate infused bourbon, cherry heering, aperol a martini glass rimmed with salt and serrano chile dust. Um, how about a cold Schlitz instead? Click here for other cocktail suggestions.
9. Perfectly Perfect Love Songs – Not overly romantic, cliché or overplayed. Here our some of our favorite sweet songs to help inspire your inner Keats, Shelly and Byron on this day of loooove.
“Poprocks and Coke” – Green Day
“That Dress Looks Nice on You” – Sufjan Stevens
“Everything” – Michael Buble
“First Date”- Blink 182
“Accidently In Love” – Counting Crows
“Everlong” (Acoustic) – The Foo Fighters
“Bohemian Like You” – Dandy Warhols
“Girl” – Beck
“As I Call You Down” – Fistful of Mercy
“Home” – Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
“Such Great Heights” – The Postal Service
“I Wanna Hold Your Hand” – The Beatles (Okay, this maybe a bit cliché, but we should get props for not putting any Whitney Houston or Olivia Newton John on this list)
10. Finally, browse through the images on blogger favorite, “Le Love“. We’ve taken the liberty of selecting some favorites. Prepare to swoon.